We produce large quantities of toxic and hazardous waste which are continually accumulating in the earths biosphere. This continual accumulation is a major hindrance to global sustainability. Disposal of these dangerous and damaging materials is a huge problem across the globe. the key to less waste is conversion to resource and the Enviro-Cement technology has been developed as a way to safely and cost effectively lock away this waste and allow it to be utilised within the built environment.
TecEco Enviro-Cement concretes are ideal for immobilising /.utilising toxic and hazardous wastes such as fly.and bottom ash, iron slags, red mud etc.
TecEco Enviro-Cements are formed using large quantities of reactive magnesia which reacts to form brucite. Brucite is unique to TecEco Cements and is an ideal mineral for trapping toxic and hazardous wastes due to its layered structure, pH level, durability and low solubility.
The key advantages of Enviro-Cement are:
- Excellent performance for waste utilisation and immobilisation
- Long term pH control and ideal levels
- Carbonation self terminates other than in permeable materials (Eco-Cements)
- reduced solubility of heavy metals
- Less or no bleed water
- Lower cost for performance
- Less corrosive, pollutants etc.
- No expensive additives required
- More forgiving of poor workmanship
- Improved durability and performance
- Reduced permeability and greater density
- Greater resistance to sulphate and chloride
- Greater freeze-thaw resistance
- Improved rheology
- Easier placement
- Reduced dimensional change including shrinkage
- Reduced cracking, improved crack control
- Reduced efflorescence
More information on the Tec-Cement technology can be found in our technical section under TecEco Cements, documentation section and under Enviro-Cement in our Definitions section. Further information in relation to sustainability can be found under that section in our main menu.
Enviro-Cements are now available mainly for research projects and some case studies. For larger orders please contact TecEco. For samples, small orders, or research supplies please go to Purchasing TecEco Products.
Product Safety Data
Downloadable under documentation/products.
 Reactive magnesia is also variously known as caustic calcined magnesia, caustic magnesia or CCM. The temperature of firing has a greater influence on reactivity than grind size as excess energy goes into lattice energy.
Technical information about reactive magnesia is available in the technical area of our web site.